– As per provisions of section 194Q of the Income Tax Act, TDS is deductible if-
– The buyer is responsible for making payment of a sum to the resident seller; and
– Such payment is to be done for the purchase of goods of the value/ aggregate of the value exceeding INR 50 Lakhs p.a.
Explanation of the term ‘buyer’-
– As per explanation to section 194Q, the term ‘buyer’ means as under-
– A person having total sales/ gross receipts/ turnover exceeding INR 10 Crores in the immediately preceding Financial Year in which the specified purchase of goods took place;
– Buyer will not include anyperson notified by the Central Government.